Followers and readers, on social media, become conscious of what content should be covered by bloggers, vloggers, influences, etc. they start to have a voice in choosing what must be included and what must not.
Today, people put more emphasis on LA-specific content.
Los Angeles is an astonishing and vibrant city. It is a safe and welcoming city with a high quality of life, diversity, experiences, and culture.
Many people, nowadays, have this tendency of living in that city. For this specific reason, this article will give you a guide to hacking Los Angeles like a local.
- If you love tennis, you will practice it on LA courts. On top of the West Hollywood Public Library, you can find three courts that are available for free. You can also go there to enjoy the breathtaking view of the sunset in the whole sky of Los Angeles.
- For yoga, you can find Runyon Canyon which offers daily yoga classes for free. On the other hand, there is an Alo Yoga store located in Beverly Hills. It has an open room, an outdoor deck, and a coffee downstairs. If you ever visit this place, you can enjoy drinking your cup of coffee there.
- If you are a group of friends (25 people) and want to practice yoga, you can simply visit Four Seasons Los Angeles at Beverly Hills.
- The new drive-in movie experience at the Grove is unforgettable. The great news is that entrance is free, but make sure to reserve your place early on. There, you can find Petersen Automotive Museum, car dealership O’Gara Coach, and Citi to turn the garage’s open-air eighth floor that turns into a rooftop cinema, with popcorn, and dinner delivery.
- In the backyard garden of the Larsen family’s private home you can, find a 70-seat theatre that has turned into Brookledge Follies where you can enjoy vintage magic. For instance, you can entertain yourself by watching a style lineup of skilled magicians, contortionists, burlesque dancers, ventriloquists, and others. Furthermore, there is an underground club. You, first, need to get an invitation from or donate to their renovation efforts.
- In an Encino strip mall, you will find another Magic Bar, which is a place of magic as well. On Mondays and Tuesdays, go to the gastropub Woodley Proper and enter the unmarked sliding wood door. There, you can find close magic tricks.
- You can perfectly do your work in an amazing rooftop olive garden located on top of Restoration Hardware’s Melrose store. It is an open place to the public here you can find Wi-Fi, RH furnishings, and private nooks to do your work comfortably.
- Every Monday night you can get 50% off your bill if you join Friends of Cecconi’s or Soho House Member so take 4 of your friends and enjoy yourselves there.
- I am sure that you are into In n Out burgers. But have you ever tried to go beyond the basic double and shake ordering items? You will never regret it if you try the Flying Dutchman. The latter is two patties with cheese in between. Also, you really need to give a try to Protein Style, which is a lettuce-wrapped burger. You may find, as well, Cheese Fries, Root Beer Float, Animal Style Burger, Fries Well Done, and 4×4: aggressive burger with 4 patties.
- If you find yourself starving in the middle of the night, you may find some restaurants that stay open 24/7. You need to check out The Original Pantry Cafe in DTLA or Canter’s Deli on Fairfax.
- Well, the Melrose Place and Beverly Hills Sunday Farmer’s Markets, but you need also to try other Farmer’s Markets found in the city, you may find them even better. So, my suggestion for you is to try Santa Monica Farmer’s Market on Wednesdays or Studio City on Sundays.
- Once you feel stressed, try to unwind by going to the Self Realization Center, which is one of the most peaceful places in LA. It contains a temple, a shrine, and a meditation garden. All of them are open to the public. But a quick piece of advice, do not bring your furry friend with you, as dogs are not allowed there.
- If you love visiting museums, you have the chance to visit the Hammer, the Getty, and Griffith Observatory for free. On the other side, some museums are free only during some days of the week. For example, there is LACMA that is free on the second Tuesday of every month or every weekday after 3 p.m for only residents with ID. Moreover, you have the chance to visit MOCA for free every Thursday from 5 to 8 p.m. Also, the La Brea Tar Pits and the Natural History Museum are free on the first Tuesday of every month except in July and August.
- Want to take a walk or have a picnic? Greystone Mansion is the greatest place for that. You can go every day to this Park as it is open daily to the public. The opulent mansion at its center is opened only for special events.
- If you are into exploring architecture, you must definitely visit Frank Lloyd Wright’s first project in LA, the Hollyhock House. It was built in 1921. named for Barnsdall’s favorite flower.
- Flying out of Burbank – a.k.a. Bob Hope Airport is the best option for you. It has less traffic and fewer people. Moreover, you can easily walk from your car to your terminal thanks to the long-term parking. And there is a valet who washes your car upon arrival at a reasonable price.
- You may feel annoyed by paying for parking. Indeed, according to Municipal Code, you can park for free. You can do it at any yellow curb after 6 pm, and on Sundays
- You may find yourself stuck in gridlock traffic. In order not to find yourself in such a situation, you need to bypass the freeway altogether. It would be more convenient if you take San Vicente Blvd in Brentwood to 7th street and then cut down to the Palisades and PCH.
- For any Angeleno, it would be much better to go over the Santa Monica Mountains from the city to the dreaded San Fernando Valley aka “The Valley. Also, you can take a lesser-known canyon, like Benedict. Or take the super-secret Roscomare Road. In the end, you will reach Valley Vista Boulevard.
- It is summertime, so being on a beach is an activity that you will like. Next time you go to Malibu, do not skip going to Carbon Beach, La Costa, Las Flores, or Broad Beach.
- If you are a baseball fan, head to Dodger Stadium for Friday night’s home game. Do not leave until you watch fireworks.
- Adventure in LA is another thing. If you want to deepen your relationship with your co-workers, you can visit CityHUNT. You will be able to be close to your colleagues by visiting and booking a hunt and exploring various sites such as Manhattan Beach, Beverly Hills, and Santa Monica among others. It is a great activity as you can discover LA at the same creating a strong bond with your co-workers.
Well, being in LA is a completely different experience. This article gives you some important ideas that will help you greatly.
Once there, you will like it. So try it now!